It is the second week of the year, (really the first full week) and it may be your first week back.
Let me go a little bit more in depth with some of the points from last weeks blog, Salespeople, 22 Tips for 2013 -- Another New Year! to help get you started:
Do I know where my success came from last year?
What did I do to make things happen and be a successful salesperson?
- did you prospect more
- were you more disciplined in your approach
- did you get any sales training that you used well
- did you work with your partners (if you have any) more effectively
- did you learn your product so well that you could play it like a violin
- did you get one big real client and can you do that again this year
- did you use your resources better than others
- did you just work harder
Can you be more organized and/or effective by being more focused and wasting less time in a day?
- If you can give yourself one more hour a day to sell by being more organized, after holidays, etc. you have 5-6 more weeks of selling time. You just gave yourself an extra month or more to make your quota. Not bad.
- Here are some questions to ask yourself about wasting time:
- Do I handle emails well or am I reacting and wasting time
- Do I qualify requests from customers, prospects and internally regarding when they need something vs. just jumping at the request?
- Do I delegate and follow up many tasks vs. doing them all myself?
- Do I have ONE system where I keep notes, to dos, etc?
- Do I browse the web, Face Book, etc. on unrelated work items during work hours
- Do I gossip, Twitter, IM too much?
- Do I qualify appointments as to whether I can do them on the phone vs. in person?
- Do I use my selling hours to sell and do non-sales tasks at the appropriate time?