But what if you can’t afford any of these services, or for whatever reason you are not using them. What if you are a small company or even a sales person working on your own?
The most important thing you can do is to understand the SOE (sequence of events) that increases your close ratio.
Sales Time Line
Bring to mind a deal you are working on or have won in the past that you would like to repeat as often as possible. Do you recall what steps you took with the prospect during their buying process?
It is important to know that the more you can get a customer to do with you the more likely it is you will get the sale since they have committed a lot to you. They will want to recoup their investment of time, energy and sometimes even money.
Here are some ideas of things you can do during the sales process:
- Have a reference call the prospect
- Send some information or a white paper if you have one
- Use Google Alerts or other source to keep track of what is happening with the client or their industry and use that to stay in touch
- Have them visit your office or set up a time for entertainment
- Use LinkedIn or others to see where you have common connections and let the person know
- If you know their personal interests or hobbies, send info about these.
If you can identify the tactics that work best, you can put them into your process and just remind yourself with Outlook or some other tool to remind you what to send and when to send it. It will have the same impact as the more sophisticated solutions available in the market.
Let me know if you have any suggestions, need help or want to talk about it.