17 Sales Tips and Questions on Lead Generation
When thinking about your lead gen strategy, here are 17 interesting questions that are relevant for a salesperson or sales organization:
- How many leads are you getting in total from both inbound and outbound activities?
- Are the ratios correct from each? Is lead gen giving you the number of quality leads you need or should you spend more money and time on outbound?
- Do the 2 feed off each other?
- What is your close ratio on each?
- Are you getting enough leads (stupid question to ask a salesperson) to meet your number or do you need more leads or a higher close ratio
- Quality of leads – which lead is better regardless of volume – your own outbound or the inbound
- For your outbound do you have named accounts that you are going after
- Are they verticalized? They should be if they aren’t
- How many accounts are on this list?
- Rotate accounts – how often do you rotate them? What is your criteria for this list? Do you have an ideal profile?
- Assign by contacts – are you taking advantage of social media and assigning accounts by who knows who?
- Do you allow people to trade accounts based upon criteria that gives them a better chance to sell them?
- If you are a manager, do you take accounts away from people since they are not active?
- If you are using a lead gen capability, how and when do accounts go back in for a “drip” campaign?
- If you are a manager, what is your lead distribution philosophy? Is it round robin, or do you have someway of distributing leads to those who are performing better and doing better with the leads?
- as a sales leader are you giving your lead gen/marketing group enough direction?
- should you be using more targeted lead gen activities if you are in a very tight