In working with all size companies for the last 19 years, I know the critical role coaching plays in developing sales people and managers and getting the most from them.
Whether this coaching is done as part of a formal sales training process or independently; 1:1 coaching is an incredible tool to improve performance. You can:
- give each person what they need vs. a blend for everyone
- offer a person an opportunity to learn from an outside perspective
- allow people can voice their opinion which they would not feel comfortable doing otherwise
- extend the reach of your management so they can get to other things while their people are being developed
- give your best and most senior people get the attention they need so they don't quit
- ramp new hires more quickly
- have your management team can be coached to improve their skills and all the benefit that come with that
- give people specific assignments that are targeted to their specific needs
- have sessions be recorded for people to review
- give as many or as little sessions as are required by the individual
- get a great ROI since the investment is similar to classroom training
- provide motivation to people who are in need of a lift
- have previous top performers who are lagging reach their potential again
- coach in person, via video or web to keep costs down
- increase sales in a very short time frame
- strategize large deals with expertise not in house.
Let me know if you want to discuss or have questions on coaching for you or your team.