The next 4 blogs will break down 19 different action items, tactics you can take to close bigger deals.
This is certainly not the definitive list, but it will help you be mindful of some of the most important things to do.
1. Assign an executive sponsor early as possible
• There is an old saying “build the bridge before the flood”.
• Having an executive sponsor will help you get into higher levels of an organization.
• This is essential because you can use this relationship to gain information you would not
gain otherwise and to either close the deal faster or save the deal if you are in trouble.
2. Increase Face – Face time
• Big deals take longer to close.
• Many of us have so many accounts and responsibilities that we work on what are in front
of us and forget to pay attention to the bigger deal.
• Having face time with the prospect is critical because it puts you in a position of
advantage if your competition isn’t doing it and builds the relationship at many levels.
• This is particularly important if the prospect is far away from everyone and rarely gets
3. If the deal crosses territories or oceans, share in the wealth and work with others
• More often than not, compensation plans are not written to promote cooperation amongst
different territories or regions.
• Larger deals often have people in the decision process who are in multiple regions
• It is incumbent upon you to get other people involved even if it means a smaller part
of the commission.
• It is difficult to cover this kind of opportunity otherwise and shows the depth of your
organization to handle a larger opportunity.
4. Get contracts done or issues ahead of time. Use contract as part of close
• If you can get the contract process done earlier than later (which is not easy),
you can shorten the sales process and you can use the contract to close the deal.
• If it has already been invested in, and it is a good contract for both parties,
you have already taken a lot of the pain out of the process.
Watch for my next blog and if you have any questions reach out to me.