Salespeople, 22 Tips for 2014 -- Another New Year!
If you haven’t started already, now or even this week is a good time to start planning for 2014. Here are some of the ways to do it and questions to ask yourself:
- Do I know where my success came from last year? What did I do to make things happen and be a successful salesperson?
- Do I know where I want to put my efforts into this year? Are they the same as last year or different? Have I created smart goals for myself?
- Which of my offerings has real advantages that I should take advantage of?
- Are there particular vertical markets or segments that I want to focus on?
- What people, sales technology and resources will I surround myself with so I can get help when I need it?
- What will I:
- Continue doing or do more of that is working
- Stop doing that is in the way of my success
- Start doing that is needed because of market conditions or opportunities
- Who at work or home do I need to help me stay disciplined enough to the things that are most important?
- What have I been putting off that needs to be done?
- Have I targeted the accounts I want to sell?
- Do I know the one or two that would really put me over the top?
- Am I using social media, LinkedIn, blogs, etc. to keep me in touch with the people and events that are critical to my success?
- Am I using free services like Google Alerts to do the same?
- What support mechanisms do I have to keep balanced?
- What is my quick start program so I have a great quarter and make the rest of the year a “little” easier?
- Are my manager and I on the same page so he/she supports me vs. interferes?
- Can you tell yourself what you are or are not willing to do so you are happy and successful?
- Can you identify what motivates you, or like most about your job so you can spend as much time and do it as often as possible?
- If your compensation plan is here, do you know how you will make the most money from it?
- Do you know your offering inside and out so you can present it in more ways, with more effect than your competition or co-workers?
- Can you be more organized and/or effective by being more focused and wasting less time in a day?
- Can you identify the 3 or 4 most important priorities for your success?
- Can you create an image for yourself of what short and long term success looks and feels like to keep yourself motivated, positive?
Please let me know if you would like to talk or I can help in any way. I wish you the best, healthiest, most fulfilling 2014.