There are so many different training companies that you can choose from. I am one of them.
There are so many articles written about how to choose the best training company.
There are so many articles about how to get the best ROI from your training.
There are companies who will literally help you write your playbook and integrate it into your CRM.
There are even companies who will enter the data into your CRM.
There are companies who will help you establish your measurements of success.
There are companies who will give you all the tools and forms you need and align all the resources.
There are thousands of different technologies to help enable your sales team and sales process.
YET, most companies and people hardly take full advantage of any of these.
- human behavior and a reluctance to change
- pressure to get immediate results
- a lack of leadership
- the wrong intentions for doing the training
- an over reliance on the program or technology being used
- they give up too easily and too soon
- expect to see results too soon and get frustrated
- do too much at once
- not willing to reinforce and make training a process
- only train at special events and kickoffs
So what can you do?
- set the proper expectations
- if you are leading the charge, have someone hold you accountable
- go slowly
- hold people who report to you accountable
- tie things to compensation
- VP’s need to set the right measurements of their managers and of the salespeople
- let the outside companies you hire deeper into your organization
- provide 1:1 coaching for your most important people.
I am always open and welcome your thoughts, suggestions and comments.