Of the many questions I get, here are some of the most common and important:
Q: How do I get more appointments?
1. Prospect more and ask for referrals.
2. Like brushing your teeth, do it regularly.
3. If you are really religious or spiritual, you can ask whatever G-d or spirit you pray to but I wouldn't count on it.
Q: What is the best way to prospect using e-mail?
1. Make sure the subject line gets their attention. I had a customer, now a friend write a subject line like “Kick XM’s Ass” when he was trying to sell to Sirius radio (this is before they merged). He sent it at the lunch break of our class and got the appointment at the afternoon break. This might be a bit too brazen but something that is relevant to them at the time you are sending it is the rule!
2. Use the no scroll rule which is:
- 1 ½ lines to introduce yourself and why you are writing
- 3 benefits with key words bulleted on one line each
- an active close where you ask them to respond by a certain time or you will reach out to them
3. Intersperse email with the phone or some other form of communication
4. Send the same email to more that one person who will be interested. Try doing it at the same time to trigger their own internal competition and politics.
Q: How do I get people to call me back?
1. Make sure it is a real deal and don't give them everything they ask for too quickly or all at once.
2. If you do then they have no need or reason to speak to you.
3. Have a thick skin and plenty in the pipeline
4. Polite persistence
Q: How do I handle the prospect asking for a better price?
1. Anticipate the objection during the sales process.
2. Understand the financial value of your solution.
3. Have a counter offer of equal or greater value than the price they are asking for
4. Be willing to say no below a certain price.
5. Have plenty in the funnel so you aren’t desperate.