Strong channel partnerships help manufacturers expand market share, grow reseller sales champions, control selling expenses, and increase productivity for both the sales department and the overall organization.
This program provides a step-by-step process to develop high-performing channel partnerships. It will allow your channel managers to focus on the most strategic opportunities within your channels to drive revenue.
1. Developing Your Channels – 4 Stages of Development
2. Managing Your Territory With and Through Your Channels
- Defining Your Territory - Matching Your Channels
- Ranking Your Customers and Prospects
- Working Your Sales Funnel with Your Channels
- Analyzing Each Sales Opportunity Quickly
- Lead Distribution
- Time and Territory Management Checklist
3. Finding New Channels
- Filling Holes in Your Territory
- Defining Your Ideal Candidate
- Getting to The Right People
- Qualifying the Partner Early
- Avoiding as Much Conflict as Possible
4. Channel Expectations
- Channel Facts – Channel Trends
- Why Partner?
- What Do Your Channels Expect from You?
- What Do You Expect from Them?
- How do They View You?
- How do They View Them?
- How Must We View Each Other?
5. Increasing Mindshare with Your Channels
- Techniques To Improve Mindshare
- Why Is Mindshare So Important?
- Relationships - 4 Stages
6. 80/20 Rule and How It Applies
- Focus on Your Top Opportunities
- Managing the 20% Gracefully
7. Evaluating Your Relationships - Are They Strong Enough?
- 9 Criteria to Evaluate Your Relationships’ Strength
8. Guidelines to Success
- 30 Rules
9. Working With Your Channels to Increase Revenues
- Supplementing Your Channel’s Strengths and Weaknesses to Drive Business
- Strategizing Big Deals
- On a Joint Sales Call – Critical Success Factors
10. Increasing Your Channels’ Competency
- Techniques to Improve Their Competency to the Same Level as Your Own People
- Training Techniques
- Effective Meetings
- Using Technology, Web 2.0 and more
11. Replicating Channel Success
- Defining Attributes of Best Partners
- Implementing with Current Partners
12. Getting Your Channels Excited and Motivated
- What to Do At Sales Meeting with Your Channels
- Sales Teaming
- Developing Joint Strategic Business Planning
- Using Incentives, Co-Op, MDF, Contests and More
13. Quarterly, Strategy and Planning Meetings
- Working/Not Working
- Key Initiatives
- Lead Generation
- Target Accounts
- Working Large Deals
14. The Surrogate Sales Manager
- Acting as a Manager to Your Channels to Improve Their Competency and Improve Relationships
15.Conflict Scenarios – Role Play
- Public Bid
- National Account
- When Partners Meet in the Same Opportunity
- Channel Manager Role in Conflict
- Account Manager Role in Conflict
- Working with Multiple Partners in the Same Sales Situation
In Our Client's Words
"Your organization's ability to apply the program in a real, detailed and motivational way is rare indeed. This experience was well worth the investment, and it will be a major contributor to our success. After only one month, we are already seeing the benefits from your work with us."
QMS, Chief Operating Officer